Monday, December 7, 2015

If at first you don't succeed...try try again!!

November 24, 2015

The day starts out fairly well, for a lazy Sunday, with a gentle five mile run.  It is the first run in over a week while my weary body demands recovery from the completion of 11 marathons and 2 half marathons this year. The goal is to fix a yummy chicken sandwich smothered in grilled onions, melted cheese, avocado and BBQ sauce on a toasted tasty roll.  A task I can handle with ease, but my plan to follow-up lunch by beginning a blog is another story.  How hard can it be~detailing the adventures as we run a marathon in all fifty states! Turns out,"easier said than done!"  It's not my first try at starting a blog, but it feels like a Herculean task ending with a strong desire to slam the computer on the table and throw it out the sliding glass window.  Instead solace is sought by lying in my daughter’s bed with her cat Tenley.
She is my little cat friend now!
Since my daughter hasn't lived at home for over five years, I guess Tenley is my cat. I message my daughter about my frustrations setting up a blog and she states, "It really isn't that hard!" She sends me a picture of Patrick from "Patrick and Sponge Bob" slamming a computer on a table. Not the consolation I am seeking.

My next destination is the kitchen. The husband and I, in an effort to be at our running best, are constantly watching our weight~we watch as the numbers go up and up and up on the scale!  The overwhelming desire to calm my internal churning; however, turns into making something sweet.  I survey the freezer, the refrigerator and the pantry and find a spice cupcake mix and a can of cream cheese frosting.  Awww…is this really how I am going to deal with my frustration? I know the answer before I ask, "Of course" my husband thinks making cupcakes is a good idea.  After I tell him he should discourage my self-destructive...the cupcake making commences!
 After stuffing our faces with gooey frosted cakes, my resolve to write my first blog about marathon #51 fizzles. The 26.2 mile run recap about Route 66 in Tulsa Oklahoma must wait for another day. Hopefully, my remaining brain cells will magically dance in my head while I sleep allowing new knowledge to settle in or at least awaken  me with new resolve and inspiration for my next attempt!

If this actually works and gets posted...my next blog will feature my very first race report featuring Route 66 Marathon!!

State #21 was definitely fun and cold!
And so it goes....that is it for now...but stay tuned there is more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment